Airway Management for Patients Living with Obesity
20 minute lecture outlining the approach to airway management in patients living with obesity.
Includes physiological considerations, pre oxygenation plan, optimal positioning, Intubation and extubation strategies.
- Understand the physiology of obesity as it applies to airway management
- Recognise the importance of preoxygenation in this patient group and the methods available
- Understand the importance of patient positioning
- Learn strategies for successful intubation
- Understand the importance of planned extubation